The history of the school
- The school was founded in April, 1920, belonged to Danan police station.
- The officers were the teachers during the time.
- The school became the branch of Lijia Primary School after Taiwan was independent in January, 1945.
- The school set new classes at Xinyuan in 1963. Xinyuan became the branch of the school in 1964.
- The school was named Danan Primary school in August in 1969; Xinyuan got to be the independent school.
- The school was burned because of the typhoon Elsie in September 28th, 1969.
- The judo team started in 1979.
- The class of judo was approved to start in September, 1991.
- The school got to set education center of Rukai tribe in August, 1997.
The location of the school
- The school is in the tribe, Tarumak, of the country side in Taitung. It’s the only school of east Rukai in Taiwan.
- There’s Kendur Mountain and Danan river by the school. Based on the concept of conservation, the school could provide rich source of natural.
- Except for the Rukai people, Amis and Chinese are also the citizen of the area.
The goal of the school
- Confidence and Optimism
Cultivate kids’ mind and helping them build up confidence with multi-activities.
- Positive and Hard-working
Cultivating kids’ positive attitude in learning and to reach the goal of self-transcendence.
- Respect and Care
Respecting, admiring and caring about others by interacting with others, the culture, and the nature.
- Reflection and Creation
Inspiring kids’ learning motivation and cultivating their abilities of exploring, thinking, problem solving, and creating.